Travel to Cuba
Flying to Cuba from or through the US for tourism is prohibited. There are 12 acceptable reasons for travel.
- Family visits
- Official business of the U.S.Government, foreign governments and certain intergovernmental organizations
- Journalistic activities
- Professional research or professional meetings
- Educational activities and people-to-people exchanges
- Religious activities
- Public performance, clinics, workshops, athletic or other competitions and exhibitions
- Support for the Cuban people
- Humanitarian projects
- Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutions
- Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials
- Travel related to certain authorized export transactions
You can also travel to Cuba with a license issued by the U.S.Office of Foreign Assets Control(OFAC) or as a Cuban National returning home.
More on Support for the Cuban People
By clicking "I am traveling under Support for the Cuban people", you agree that you comply with this category.