Cuba starter pack
See Cuba differently. Download everything you need to know before your trip.
ViaHero's Very First Traveler
ViaHero · September 19, 2018
We've now had tons of travelers, but we wanted to talk about our very first traveler, who booked a trip to Cuba with us back in April 2016; once you give the article a read feel free to message us with any questions!
Want to explore Cuba differently? Have a local
What were the top 3 recommendations you received from Juan Manuel, the Hero you chose?
- La Punta: We had excellent views of Havana, also walking distance to great restaurants like Doña Carmela, where Beyonce and Jay-Z shared a meal on their last visit.
- San José Handicraft Market: The absolute best quality of paintings, sculptures, and various other art pieces priced to make your eyes pop out of your head!! I spent the majority of my money here and bought as many items as I could!! Such care and detail in each piece, capturing the spirit, the resilience, and culture of the Cuban people!!
- El Malecón: At the end of each day, we walked down to
Malecón to enjoy the sunset with the locals. We called this particular time and place, "The Havana minute": people of all ages gathered to quietly sit and watch the sunset over the crashing waves; others played games or threw in a line in hopes of catching dinner; on a couple occasions we were serenaded by guitarists which really added to the experience of the Havana minute. Oceanscape, locals, music, sunset, autos Viejos driving by...it was quite an unforgettable scene. el
- Connect With a Local to Plan Your Trip
- Cuba FAQ
- Cuban Tourist Cards and Visas
- Cuba Info for Americans
- Contact Us