We've now had tons of travelers, but we wanted to talk about our very first traveler, who booked a trip to Cuba with us back in April 2016; once you give the article a read feel free to message us with any questions!
Want to explore Cuba differently? Have a local
What were the top 3 recommendations you received from Juan Manuel, the Hero you chose?
- La Punta: We had excellent views of Havana, also walking distance to great restaurants like Doña Carmela, where Beyonce and Jay-Z shared a meal on their last visit.
- San José Handicraft Market: The absolute best quality of paintings, sculptures, and various other art pieces priced to make your eyes pop out of your head!! I spent the majority of my money here and bought as many items as I could!! Such care and detail in each piece, capturing the spirit, the resilience, and culture of the Cuban people!!
- El Malecón: At the end of each day, we walked down to
elMalecón to enjoy the sunset with the locals. We called this particular time and place, "The Havana minute": people of all ages gathered to quietly sit and watch the sunset over the crashing waves; others played games or threw in a line in hopes of catching dinner; on a couple occasions we were serenaded by guitarists which really added to the experience of the Havana minute. Oceanscape, locals, music, sunset, autos Viejos driving by...it was quite an unforgettable scene.
- Connect With a Local to Plan Your Trip
- Cuba FAQ
- Cuban Tourist Cards and Visas
- Cuba Info for Americans
- Contact Us