Planning a trip to Japan? The adventure has only just begun! In addition to having a local plan a personalized trip for you, the following blogs provide tips on how to make the most of your time in Japan! Take a look and afterward, feel free to message us with any questions you have!
1. JR Pass Travel Blog
The famous JR Pass has a blog that stays up to date with useful information for visitors to Japan. Exploring topics like finding cheap airfare, and 'how to avoid rush hour,' the JR Pass Blog is a must read before your trip to Japan!
- Best beaches in Japan for Summer 2017
- Magical gardens you must visit in Japan
- Kobe travel guide: Access, attractions and how to move around
2. Matcha Japan Travel Magazine
MATCHA magazine provides information for travelers to Japan, including sightseeing in Tokyo, delicious local cuisine, shopping, and accommodations. The magazine has everything from information on local spots, to logistical information about getting to and around Japan.
- Monkeying Around In Arashiyama - Beautiful Views And Activities
- Tokyo's Railway Network Explained - Trains, Subway and Discount Passes
- Japan's Outlying Islands - 5 Picturesque Spots On Sado Island, Niigata
- Exploring Oji, The Town Of The Sacred Foxes
3. Travel Happy Japan Travel Blog
There is nothing like a travel blog written by locals! Travel Happy Japan is an up to date resource that provides useful information on everything from restaurants to attending sporting events in Japan.
- Visit the 5 Great Sakura Trees of Japan This Springtime!
- Spectacular Sumo Show in Ryogoku
- Top 5 Places in Kyoto to Enjoy Cherry Blossom Viewing in One Day
4. Japan Travel Mate
Japan Travel Mate - written by an English teacher living in Japan - is filled with interesting posts on unique topics about Japan. If you are wondering about Japanese vending machines, or tips for riding the bullet trail, then you need to check out Japan Travel Mate.
- Nabe (Hot Pot) at an Expensive Japanese Izakaya
- Unique Japanese Egg Vending Machine
- Sweets & Snacks: Dotonbori’s Glico Man Pretz
5. Asia Travel Bugs
Asia Travel Bugs is written by Tiffy, who is a self-designated "travel planning freak" and "digital marketing ninja." She says that "traveling has kept her sane from all the hustles and bustles of corporate life." The site is helpful because it comes from the perspective of a traveler to Japan, but is filled with logistical information. It is broken into sections for different locations.
ViaHero Travel Blog
7. Super Cheap Japan
Once you're done checking out the travel blogs, feel free to message us or match with a local who can give you all the details for your vacatio n in Japan. And before your trip, make sure to check out:
- Connect With a Local to Plan Your Trip
- Japan Travel Tips
- Off the Beaten Path in Japan
- Japanese Visa Requirements
- The Perfect 2 Weeks in Japan
- Contact Us