Japan starter pack
See Japan differently. Get everything you need to know before your trip straight into your email.
7 Japanese Travel Blogs You Need to Read
ViaHero · May 4, 2018
Planning a trip to Japan? The adventure has only just begun! In addition to having a local plan a personalized trip for you, the following blogs provide tips on how to make the most of your time in Japan! Take a look and afterward, feel free to message us with any questions you have!
1. JR Pass Travel Blog
The famous JR Pass has a blog that stays up to date with useful information for visitors to Japan. Exploring topics like finding cheap airfare, and 'how to avoid rush hour,' the JR Pass Blog is a must read before your trip to Japan! TL;DR—read this article to learn about the JR Pass.
- Best beaches in Japan for Summer 2017
- Magical gardens you must visit in Japan
- Kobe travel guide: Access, attractions and how to move around
2. Matcha Japan Travel Magazine
MATCHA magazine provides information for travelers to Japan, including sightseeing in Tokyo, delicious local cuisine, shopping, and accommodations. The magazine has everything from information on local spots, to logistical information about getting to and around Japan.
- Monkeying Around In Arashiyama - Beautiful Views And Activities
- Tokyo's Railway Network Explained - Trains, Subway and Discount Passes
- Japan's Outlying Islands - 5 Picturesque Spots On Sado Island, Niigata
- Exploring Oji, The Town Of The Sacred Foxes
3. Travel Happy Japan Travel Blog
There is nothing like a travel blog written by locals! Travel Happy Japan is an up to date resource that provides useful information on everything from restaurants to attending sporting events in Japan.
- Visit the 5 Great Sakura Trees of Japan This Springtime!
- Spectacular Sumo Show in Ryogoku
- Top 5 Places in Kyoto to Enjoy Cherry Blossom Viewing in One Day
4. Japan Travel Mate
Japan Travel Mate - written by an English teacher living in Japan - is filled with interesting posts on unique topics about Japan. If you are wondering about Japanese vending
- Nabe (Hot Pot) at an Expensive Japanese Izakaya
- Unique Japanese Egg Vending Machine
- Sweets & Snacks: Dotonbori’s Glico Man Pretz
5. Asia Travel Bugs
Asia Travel Bugs is written by Tiffy, who is a self-designated "travel planning freak" and "digital marketing ninja." She says that "traveling has kept her sane from all the hustles and bustles of corporate life." The site is helpful because it comes from the perspective of a traveler to Japan, but is filled with logistical information. It is broken into sections for different locations.
6. ViaHero Travel Blog
ViaHero works hard to help their travelers have the best trip possible! In addition to providing personalized trip itineraries (written by locals), the site stays up to date with blog posts and articles covering anything you need to know about visiting Japan!
7. Super Cheap Japan
ViaHero Matt runs his own travel blog on all things Japan called "Super Cheap Japan." When he isn't planning trips for customers)! As his blog displays, Matt is an expert on guiding people around Japan. He knows how to experience as much as possible while spending as little as possible. Great blog for everyone visiting Japan!
Once you're done checking out the travel blogs, feel free to message us or match with a local who can give you all the details for your
- Connect With a Local to Plan Your Trip
- Japan Travel Tips
- Off the Beaten Path in Japan
- Japanese Visa Requirements
- The Perfect 2 Weeks in Japan
- Contact Us